Hello! I’d be happy to help you come up with a recipe using those ingredients for your Instant Pot. Here’s a simple recipe for Instant Pot Cheesy Chicken and Noodles with Black Olives:
- 1 cooked chicken breast, shredded
- 1 small can of sliced black olives, drained
- 1 small can of cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cups of extra wide egg noodles
- 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cups of chicken broth (you may need a little more if your noodles require it)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder and 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder for added flavor
- Start by setting your Instant Pot to “Saute” mode. If it has multiple heat settings, choose the medium heat option.
- Add the shredded chicken breast, drained black olives, and sauté them for a couple of minutes to heat them up and combine flavors.
- Pour in the cream of mushroom soup and mix it well with the chicken and olives. If you’re using garlic and onion powder, add them at this stage.
- Add the extra wide egg noodles on top of the chicken and soup mixture. Do not stir at this point; simply layer them in.
- Pour in the chicken broth over the noodles. Make sure the liquid covers the noodles. You may need to add a little extra broth if necessary.
- Cancel the “Saute” mode, secure the Instant Pot lid, and set it to “Manual” or “Pressure Cook” mode on high pressure. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Once the cooking cycle is complete, perform a quick pressure release by carefully venting the steam.
- After releasing the pressure, open the Instant Pot and give everything a good stir to combine the noodles, chicken, and sauce evenly.
- Add the shredded cheddar cheese on top and close the Instant Pot lid. Allow the residual heat to melt the cheese for a couple of minutes.
- Once the cheese is melted, open the Instant Pot, season with salt and pepper to taste, and give it a final stir.
- Your Instant Pot Cheesy Chicken and Noodles with Black Olives is ready to serve! Enjoy your meal.
This recipe is quick and easy, making good use of your ingredients. Feel free to customize it with your favorite seasonings or additional vegetables if you like. Enjoy your meal!
Ways I modified this recipe:
I used a full 2 pounds of noodles, I don’t think 2 cups sounds right. I also used a full 4 cup container of chicken broth.
I also added half an onion and about a table spoon of butter to the saute part.
It was similar enough to a recipe I use on SaltedMarchmallow.com that I felt like a whole pack of noodles and a whole broth should work ok.
I’m excited to see the results, I’ll post a photo when I make my plate!